The bike rebuild continues to progress. Next up was mounting the exhaust (again). I used new gaskets to ensure a good seal. I'm considering getting them ceramic coated, but I'll see what color they turn once the bike has been run. They are stainless, of course.
The muffler now mounts to the footpeg bracket, and you can see the R1 aluminum bracket I've used. Red stuff isn't blood for once, some red locktite to hold it in place. There is a rubber bushing at play here, which should help isolate the vibes.
Some small details -- this is a piece of coat hanger wire, repurposed to hold the rear brake hose away from the shock. I used a "00" jeweler's tip and a bit of rod to seal off the "circles" ast each end, and then painted it black.
You know when you are a mechanic when you see the beauty in carburetors.
Gotta love the decal. FCRs, baby!
The rear subframe; I've glued/siliconed the aluminum spacers in place, obviously the seat pan goes on top. Cafe seat is currently being wet-sanded in prep for graphics and another coat of clear (along with the front fairing).