Saturday, December 13, 2008

More pictures of other Peoples' bikes...

'Cause mine aren't done yet... Update: have a 17mm hollow axle, getting the brass swingarm bushings redone, waiting for it to come back from atom-jet. Christmas holidays (one week!) will see me pick up some parts from mom and dad in Fort Frances to bring back home. Dave Bennett, the owner of the yellow Tigcraft I already posted, saw my blog and sent me some more pics from his end. Very helpful, especially the ones of his bike "naked". Also, Dave's bike appeared in the most recent issue of Performance Bikes -- just about the best bike rag going, in my opinion... so much so that I pony up $150 a year to get it delivered to my door.


Uknown supermono... running Dave's numbers, so he might be able to shed some light. Alloy frame does look purpose built, not a case of putting a mono engine into a production frame of some sort...


Dave's last mono (I think) -- this is the Tigcraft framed one that has a similar frame to what I have.
Dave Pearce's KTM. This has the newest KTM single in it -- the 690. It has his first, straight-rate shock on it... he later converted it to work with RS 125 linkage. This thing is amazing, I've seen it in the flesh...



Dave Bennet's Tigcraft. It has a aircooled 600 engine (I think -- I don't see a rad), and an oil cooler up top. My plan to mount the DRZ engine is pretty much identical.


Another pic -- note that the Yam 600 engine has dual exhaust ports from the single jug. No subframe? Not needed -- the tail section is out of carbon-fibre, and is self-contained -- it is strong enough to support the rider by itself. MotoGP, anyone?

Dave with another version of his bike? Frame looks the same, blue paint with different forks. If it IS Dave, well, thanks Dave! Information is power, and I've got some more information thanks to you. Cheers!




No comments: