Sunday, November 27, 2011

650 tweaking

Had the rare opportunity of turning a profit on some eBay buying and selling.  Bought a new scorpion exhaust system for a zx14 for $38, and flipped it for $300!!!  This "found money" has freed up the dosh to send my throttle bodies down to Zoran at Twin Works Factory for some boring.  With some dyno time, apparently it frees up 4-5 hp.  I've actually got some dyno time coming to me, if a horsetrading plan with a fella in Winnipeg works out.

As well, some unseasonably warm weather allowed me to install the slipper clutch on the 650 without freezing to death.  Aside from a stubborn cltuch nut (thankfully the impact wrench came in handy) a fairly simple install, despite the absolutely shite instructions.  I believe this was due to the Japanese being translated to English.  I'm sure I did it correctly, but I am going to call yoyodyne next week to make sure the plates are done correctly.

1 comment:

Greg said...

My best ever ebay flip was some GSXR600 Telefonica Movistar bodywork I bought for $500 and sold for $1600 :)

Looking forward to more progress and pics of the Mito project!