Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hitting the big time

So, Doug and Wilson and I went to Mid-America Motorplex.  Makes my local look like a paved MX track.  I wanna go back really bad!  This is our pit, with the TPL transporter.  Sunday was crap and wet, but I did get out once before packing it in.  Saturday was too good to push it on Sunday and bring home a broken bike.


Here is a pic of a portion of the track.  My camera has no hope of capturing the size -- long, with the top guys doing about 1 min 45 sec laps.  Going slow and cautious on the 'mono, but still having an absolute blast, and pissing off guys on bigger bikes in the infield.
And I guess I have made the big time -- Performance Bikes Magazine printed a 1-page feature on the 'mono in the most recent issue.  Feels pretty cool that they devoted an entire page to the project.  Will likely get it scanned so I can post it proper.  Will also buy a couple of copies of the magazine, and maybe get the page dry-mounted.

The big news is that I was able to score a more competitive LW bike off of an online auction called Crashedtoys.  A 2008 EX650R -- or ER6F in Europe.  It doesn't look like this right now, but I hope it will look something like this in the near future.  Dad picked it up in Minneapolis for me, it runs, although it has a "junk" title -- hence the cheap price, and perfect for a racebike.  Will have to start another blog!!!

No comments: