Saturday, September 29, 2007

2006 Year in Review


The 2006 racing season with the MRA turned out to be a great one. Being the only expert in the lightweight field (save for the last round) meant that wins were pretty much guaranteed, so I tended to start at the back of the grid for the first race, and work my way through. For the second race, I did the same or held back and diced with Wilson or Jason. What I did notice is that Doug Martens was slowly developing his Ninja 650 into a pretty quick bike, and that Billy (his son) was wringing the heck out of his old EX500... on a newer machine, he'd be tough to beat. The season ended with Kyle Knutsen coming up from the states on his tuned SV650 and beating me by about 4-5 seconds every race. I wish I could have raced against him more often, but the one round showed me that the Duc was capable of more speed, as was I. After all the tuning (see list below), the machine had reached 85 hp... not bad for a carbed supersport.

No comments: