Like most, suffering from racing withdrawal... thank goodness the testing season has started.
1. Pedrosa -- no surprise, a continuation of his fast form from 2012
2. Lorenzo -- right behind, although in a race situation he finds his way to the front
3. Marquez -- in third at this early juncture is either moot or an indication to come...
4. Rossi (!) -- considering he was never a good qualifier nor known to be fast in testing, we might see him return to the podium regularly this season
5. Bradl -- making steady progress
The top 5 were covered by .6 of a second. Notables in the rest of the field see Hayden in the top 10, but 2 seconds off the pace; Bradley Smith ahead of Dovi; Spies 4 seconds adrift and behind a few CRT bikes; and finally, Edwards at the back of the pack, managing only 25 laps and trailing newcoming Aussie Bryan Staring.