Thursday, May 8, 2008

Slow Going

Slow going indeed... not much to report. I am supposed to be going to the powdercoaters tommorow to pick up the frame and swingarm. Hopefully it is ready to go prior to me making the hour-long drive down south. They were sandblasted awhile ago -- hopefully no surface rust has formed, and he remembers the color scheme I wanted and where the powder was to go and NOT go... we'll see.
I actually made a conscious business decision on ebay -- I bought the aformentioned Quat D exhaust for $450 bucks -- new, so less than half price from a retailer. Got it home, posted it on ebay, and advertised it on my usual Ducati stomping grounds with a $675 buy it now price... and got it within 3 hours. A cool $200 profit. Yippee! Yes, you CAN make money on ebay (sometimes). As for the exhaust, I think a sport classic shotgun system fits the style a bit better. Will keep you posted on that.
So the plan is to get the frame and swingarm tommorow, and start reassembly. Mom and Pop are coming for a visit on the long weekend, hauling the final pieces needed to get the bike back on its feet -- rear wheel, street tires, exhaust, etc. Will take lotsa pics of the reassembly as it proceeds. MotoDesmo is supposed to be running with 2 more articles on the build over the next few months.

No comments: