Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Diversions





While I was at it in the garage and paint booth, I was also working on finishing up another example of one of my hobbies -- model building. I guess I can't help myself, I have to be building or fabricating something all the time. This is a 1:9 model of the Cagiva V594. It was a 2-smoke GP bike from the mid-1990s. Chandler and Koscinski both raced for the team, as well as Juan Garriga, I think. This was the last model year machine that they competed, with previous versions having carbon-fibre frames, wheels, bodywork, and etc. Nearly bankrupted the company, but the team actually won races. Generally known as the pretties of the GP bikes, I as well think it is pretty sexy. I've built 2 Tamiya kits previously -- a Bimota and an 888 Ducati, and this Revell kit was neat in that it is a much larger scale. However, the Tamiya ones are better, IMHO, even with the difficulty of building in a smaller scale. Still this is, from what I know, the one and only kit ever made for the Cagiva 500.

No comments: